• 100% Antimicrobial Microban bottle
• Rotating dust cover
• Detachable Microban bite valve
• Size: 750ml [500ml and 1000ml available by special order only. Minimums apply, call for details
• Colors: Red, blue, orange, green and grey
• Removable bite valve for cleaning
• Dishwasher safe
Is polycarbonate safe?
Based on a broad range of scientific
findings, we firmly believe in
the safety of our products.
While there is not consensus on the issues surrounding the plastic additive Bisphenol A, recent extensive reviews of polycarbonate and BPA have all concluded that normal daily exposure to BPA poses no known safety risk. These conclusions have been confirmed through tests by:
• The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• The Harvard Center for Risk Analysis
• The American Council on Science & Safety
• Many regulatory bodies worldwide, including the European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, and the Japan Ministry for Health, Labor, & Welfare.
Researchers from government agencies, academia, and industry worldwide have studied the potential for bisphenol A (BPA) to migrate from polycarbonate products into foods and beverages. These studies consistently show that the potential migration of BPA into food is extremely low, generally less than 5 parts per billion under conditions typical for uses of polycarbonate products. At this level, a consumer would have to ingest more than 1,300 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate every day for an entire lifetime to exceed the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Consequently, human exposure to BPA from polycarbonate plastics is minimal and poses no known health risk.
The use of polycarbonate plastic for food contact applications continues to be recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, the United Kingdom Food Standards Agency, the Japan Ministry for Health and Welfare and other regulatory authorities worldwide.